I regret little, but in looking back I am disappointed at my not participating in a reflection project for 2011. That year was so excruciating and painful and joyful and liberating and full that it is very much a blur of change. I should have recorded some part of it - though a peek into my December Daily 2011 will certainly give an indication to why the project did not get completed!

I enjoyed participating in reverb10 which resulted in a beautiful blog, a wonderful keepsake album and a collection of incredible memories - fully recorded. For 2010, I will always remember where I was and where I was planning on going. I want to go through that same exercise again for 2012. This past year was equally worth remembering.

Not that I have an abundance of time this year, but I do have a great desire, so that will have to do! I have curated a number of prompts from many resources. Those I've selected can be found below as well as a few of my own, they have each been attributed as best I can.

15 December 2012

day fifteen | make

prompt: make

What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin) 

+ + + + + 

What do I not want to make? My brain is constantly spinning with so many ideas I can’t seem to settle on just one – so  in the end nothing gets made!

Right now I am struggling with my final 23 boxes – filled with scrapbook supplies. Do I want to continue with traditional paper albums or go all digi? Maybe hybrid – combining them both? I can’t decide, so the boxes stay, unopened and unorganized.

In the meantime, I have a fascination with pottery + words. Can you imagine a simple handmade bowl with “yum” written on the bottom? Or a coffee mug with a quote on the handle or your regular “order” – double double, maybe? I’d like to figure out how to do that and make some fun pieces for me and for friends.

I really want to set aside some time and go through all of my images, figure out what I have and develop a format to make a big coffee table book of those things that visually bring me joy.

I want to make a monster list of all the fun things I’ve found on Pinterest and other sources, and just tick off the list and make everything on it and learn a ton of stuff along the way. Who knows, I may even get *gasp* messy? Maybe even record it and blog about it – you know, all the good, the bad and the creative adventures of online ideas. Oh the possibilities!

First things first, I want to make a warm, uncluttered and exquisite home for me and my children filled only with things we need and love. There is always a lot to do - big and small. Right now I just want to make do with what we have and not have any more workmen or messes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment