I regret little, but in looking back I am disappointed at my not participating in a reflection project for 2011. That year was so excruciating and painful and joyful and liberating and full that it is very much a blur of change. I should have recorded some part of it - though a peek into my December Daily 2011 will certainly give an indication to why the project did not get completed!

I enjoyed participating in reverb10 which resulted in a beautiful blog, a wonderful keepsake album and a collection of incredible memories - fully recorded. For 2010, I will always remember where I was and where I was planning on going. I want to go through that same exercise again for 2012. This past year was equally worth remembering.

Not that I have an abundance of time this year, but I do have a great desire, so that will have to do! I have curated a number of prompts from many resources. Those I've selected can be found below as well as a few of my own, they have each been attributed as best I can.

29 December 2012

day twenty four | photograph

prompt: photograph

Take some time and wander through all of the photos taken over the past year. Which is your favourite? What emotions do you associate with it? (Author: Me) 

+ + + + + 

I am rarely the one being photographed, and in this case I'm glad I changed my mind and agreed to have the bartender on the Lobster Roll in Cape Cod take a family photo. When I think of our year, this is the photo that comes to mind: happy, imperfect, windswept, looking straight ahead, together. They are my heart.

I have a few favourites of my kids in their element:






There were so many special and happy moments this year - I chose to enjoy them rather than simply photograph them. I captured many like those above, but most of the really great shots are in my head - and my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment