I regret little, but in looking back I am disappointed at my not participating in a reflection project for 2011. That year was so excruciating and painful and joyful and liberating and full that it is very much a blur of change. I should have recorded some part of it - though a peek into my December Daily 2011 will certainly give an indication to why the project did not get completed!

I enjoyed participating in reverb10 which resulted in a beautiful blog, a wonderful keepsake album and a collection of incredible memories - fully recorded. For 2010, I will always remember where I was and where I was planning on going. I want to go through that same exercise again for 2012. This past year was equally worth remembering.

Not that I have an abundance of time this year, but I do have a great desire, so that will have to do! I have curated a number of prompts from many resources. Those I've selected can be found below as well as a few of my own, they have each been attributed as best I can.

31 December 2012

day thirty | year in review

prompt: year in review

As you reflect back on the happenings of 2012, what are your high points and what are your low points? What do you notice as you look back on the year as a whole? (Author: Carolyn Rubenstein)

+ + + + + 
 
As a whole, I was the recipient of many lessons this year. I am grateful for so much ...

being settled in my own thoughts, 
and loved by those whom I love, 
and comfortable in my surroundings if not yet my own skin, 
and curious about things and people around me, 
and accepting of things I can't change, 
and aware of the agendas of others,
and open to new ideas and opportunities, 
and trusting my intuition and instincts, far too long repressed,
and determination to do the right - if hard - things, 
and discerning of those people and things I invite into my life, 
and honest to those who deserve it, 
and judgmental of things that threaten, 
and brave enough to face my fears, 
and surrounding myself with kindness and respect,
and dreams that bring clarity and insight.

Onward to embracing more patience, attempting more spontaneity, holding my tongue when the argument is not worth the effort, no longer apologizing for listening to the music I like or watching the movies I enjoy - indeed, no longer avoiding the things in life that brings me joy for fear of ridicule.

This year was the year I returned to me. This version is older and slower but a smarter and kinder, too. I think I like this version, though I do have to work on a few things to encourage contentment and improve my fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment