I regret little, but in looking back I am disappointed at my not participating in a reflection project for 2011. That year was so excruciating and painful and joyful and liberating and full that it is very much a blur of change. I should have recorded some part of it - though a peek into my December Daily 2011 will certainly give an indication to why the project did not get completed!

I enjoyed participating in reverb10 which resulted in a beautiful blog, a wonderful keepsake album and a collection of incredible memories - fully recorded. For 2010, I will always remember where I was and where I was planning on going. I want to go through that same exercise again for 2012. This past year was equally worth remembering.

Not that I have an abundance of time this year, but I do have a great desire, so that will have to do! I have curated a number of prompts from many resources. Those I've selected can be found below as well as a few of my own, they have each been attributed as best I can.

16 December 2012

day sixteen | disappointment

prompt: disappointment

What was the greatest disappointment of the year and how did you let go? (Author: Me) 

+ + + + + 

I often think disappointment is opportunity in disguise. In my constant effort to turn shit into sunshine I consider my disappointments and then adjust my attitude. Once I get over the initial reaction to something not going the way I expected, I take a moment - or ten - to take another look – or ten – to determine if there is another way to consider the situation. Disappointments can be spirit crushing, if you let them. I will not be crushed so I find a way to deal with them.

I am completely disappointed in my inability to lose this awful weight. It’s like an anchor. I made all kinds of plans and did my usual “set myself up for success” and nothing. Zippo. Zilch. Nil. Thwarted at every turn. In the meantime, while researching what is going – or not going – on, I’ve discovered my body does not hold on to B12 which is an integral ingredient to weight loss. Now I’m getting B12 shots and taking supplements. It’s not the whole problem, but it is a problem. It’s a slow go, but I will figure it out. I just wish it were quicker!

I am disappointed in my inability to manage the projects I sign up to take! I always sign up with wonderful intentions and then things fall apart. Life often gets away of our plans and as far as priorities go, my children and my home are more important than my hobbies, so most projects for 2012 are on the backburner. The good news is I have plenty to do in 2013!

I am disappointed in my inability to decide what to do with the remaining 23 boxes. They are filled with scrapbook supplies. As much as I love the digital format I’ve come to embrace, I so enjoy the tactile sensation of paper, glue and scissors. As things go, it’s not the worst problem to have. I will just find a place to store them – away from my main floor – so I can make a decision!

Of course, I am often disappointed in the actions of others. Some actions are more frustrating than others, and I do continue to advocate for my children in some situations and friends in others, but I do understand I have no power to fix and will eventually move on to other things once I’m exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment